5 food and drink businesses opening in Norwich in 2022
- Credit: Instagram @joshuapatrickphotography
From cocktails to cupcakes, these are some of the food and drink businesses opening in Norwich in 2022.
1. Oliver's Bar
Where: 152A Unthank Road
Oliver's Bar is replacing the former Amnesty International Bookshop in Unthank Road, which has since moved to St Benedicts Street.
It will offer cocktails, wine, beer and nibbles and will be completely plant-based.
2. Oishii Street Kitchen
Where: 12 Distillery Square
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 4 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 5 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 6 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 7 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 8 Revealed: All the places you can fly to from Norwich Airport this year
- 9 WATCH: Inside abandoned static caravan left to rot in city suburb
- 10 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
Oishii Street Kitchen is a collaboration between Norwich street food trucks Moco Kitchen and The Hen House Kitchen and it started in October 2020 and serves Asian street food.
It started with a residency at Chambers Cocktail Company and since March it has been at The Earlham.
It is now getting its own restaurant and takeaway, which is set to open in January with indoor and outdoor seating.
3. The Cuppie Hut
Where: 9A St Giles Street
The Cuppie Hut is run by best friends Mel Abel and Kim Cooper, both from Hethersett, and it opened on Norwich Market in 2018.
The items on offer include cupcakes, tray bakes, cookies and cake jars, with vegan options too.
The pair have just got the keys for a new shop in St Giles Street, which is the former home of Garner hairdressers.
Where: 10 Timber Hill
A burrito bar is set to open next to The Murderers pub in Timber Hill soon.
The owner is Richard Watts, who grew up in Norwich having moved from Canada at a young age, and he has developed his own secret burrito recipe.
The new place will also use RocketShip hot sauces in the burritos and serve Redwell beer on tap.
5. The Block
Where: Surface Car Park, near Mountergate
A multi-million pound, 300-seater arena is set to open and start holding events from Easter 2022, with permission granted to operate for a year at present.
The developer is Teampartner Three and the plans include a food court.