Mysabar is BACK! City's cosy outdoor bar returns for another Christmas
- Credit: Lucy J Toms Photography
Mysabar has confirmed it is returning to the city centre next month for a 12-week run.
The bar will reopen in mid-October beneath the twinkling lights of Norwich Castle.
The venue ran successfully in the Lower Castle Gardens for a three-month period over the summer, finishing in early September.
The general idea offered last winter - great food and drink in a warm and cosy environment - remains the same.
But some things have changed, as although the team are staying at the same site they want to make the most of the panoramic views in the upper garden as Christmas approaches.
The bar was founded by Rumsey Wells landlords Dan Searle and Katie Herring, alongside Seth Maclot and Chris Howard of Lunar Stretch Tents.
Seth said: “The idea is we want to keep things fresh and evolving with the seasons and working with local designers Smoke and Wild Wood allows us to be really creative with design."
The bar sits within the wider Mysagarden, which the venue rebranded with this summer.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
Chris added: “The space has been totally redesigned to keep things fresh and huge amounts of work have gone into ‘weatherproofing’ the site where possible.
"The tents have been reconfigured, new floors have been laid and we have plenty of heaters to keep things cosy."
The team confirmed they will once again be bringing on a range of craft beers from across the country, rotated on a weekly basis, alongside a carefully curated wine list and some incredibly exciting new local food vendors.
“We have worked really hard on trying to bring some of the best food to the experience we can from local traders and restaurants.
"We love the idea of being a launch pad for new food ideas for Norwich and so we will be doing as much of that as possible,” added Dan.
Christmas bookings will be available via firstname.lastname@example.org
Mysabar will continue to operate a table-service system and bookings will be available online in two-hour sittings for tables of two, four, and six, or multiples of.
Large bookings are also welcome.
For more information please visit: www.mysabar.co.uk