Six places in Norfolk where KFC could open a new restaurant
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Fried chicken lovers could be in for a treat after KFC revealed it is eyeing up new sites in Norfolk.
The fast food chain has revealed a list of potential locations across the county where it could open new restaurants as part of a nationwide expansion.
The list of "target locations" was published on its website, with each location in Norfolk earmarked for a drive-thru.
Norwich South, Norwich East, Norwich Riverside and Thickthorn are on the list, as well as potential sites in Thetford and Cromer.
But a spokesman for KFC described the list as "speculative" and declined to comment further on the chain's plans for expansion in Norfolk.
In December Burger King had plans to open a new restaurant in Brigg Street in Norwich approved by Norwich City Council.
In planning documents it stated that the new restaurant would generate 26 jobs and help to drive footfall and improve the “viability of the shopping area”.
- 1 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
- 2 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 3 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 4 'Covid has killed us' - 65-year-old Norwich venue The Talk to close
- 5 Cockapoo Café coming to Norwich next month
- 6 Struggles to move out of Norfolk continue after school attack
- 7 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 8 Community on high alert after cars targeted in city suburbs
- 9 Traffic and infrastructure fears as major housing project starts
- 10 Man sentenced for two robberies in two days