NDR to see £200k of repairs less than a year after £800k surface work
- Credit: Archant
Another £200,000 is to be spent on repairs to Norwich's Northern Distributor Road (NDR) - less than a year after surface work costing £800,000.
Maintenance work, which started on January 10, 2022, will include sign repair and replacement, kerbing repair and replacement, road marking refresh, repairs to crash barrier, minor drainage works and some landscaping work.
Work will start at the western end of the route at the A1067 Fakenham Road, Fir Covert Road, and Reepham Road roundabouts before moving eastward through to Postwick.
Some works will also be carried out at the minor roundabouts at each end of Drayton Link Road, with one on Reepham Road and one on Holt Road.
To minimise disruption, works will be carried out at off peak times.
The road will remain open at all times, but traffic will be reduced to one lane on each roundabout where work is taking place.
It is anticipated that work, costing £200,000, will be completed before Easter but may be delayed by winter weather.
Last year, works to treat the surface of the road occurred during the summer which cost £800,000.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Busy city Riverside roads to stay closed as transport hub works begin
- 3 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 4 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 5 See inside this three-storey home with city views on sale for £370k
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 'A palace reborn': Inside the £13.5m revamp of Norwich Castle
- 9 Farmers' market near Norwich set to reopen for the new year
- 10 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm