Teenager arrested after death of elderly woman in house fire
- Credit: Victoria Pertusa
A teenager has been arrested after the death of an elderly woman in a house fire in Norwich.
Police were called at 7am to help Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service following reports of a fire at an address in Unthank Road.
Investigations are ongoing and the woman's death is currently being treated as unexplained.
A police spokesman said: "While the cause of the fire is yet to be established, officers have arrested a man in his late teens in connection with the incident. He was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre and will be questioned in due course.
"Following initial enquiries officers do believe that the man arrested and the victim are known to one another."
A cordon remains in place around the property while enquiries continue. Unthank Road was temporarily closed, but has since been reopened.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle