9 Norwich pubs offering takeaway draught beer
- Credit: Archant
With live sport restarting and barbecue season in full swing, here are some of the best places in Norwich to get takeaway draught beer to enjoy at home.
1. The Belgian Monk, Pottergate
The Belgian Monk are offering one or two pint cartons of their fresh draught beer, including Petrus Blond and their popular Ter Dolen Kriek sweet cherry beer which is also available in bottles. They are open for collections on Fridays and Saturdays between 3pm and 8pm, with food on offer including mussels and burgers too, and other days by arrangement. They also run a delivery service across Norfolk - call 07501 504848 or email email@example.com for details.
2. The Black Horse, Earlham Road
The Black Horse offers takeaways every Friday and Saturday from 4pm until 8pm with a range of lagers and ciders in two, three or four pint containers. Accompany your beers with some tasty food as they are joined by Fupburger on Friday and Saturday. Also on Saturday is a new weekly street food festival takes place in the car park, with the vendors changing each week.
3. The Fat Cat Pub, West End Street
Named the beer pub of the year in The Good Pub Guide 2020 for the tenth time, The Fat Cat offers guests beers from around the country along with ales from their award-winning brewery in Lawson Road. During lockdown, they have around 12 real ales and eight ciders available from a hatch and are open 3pm to 7pm Monday to Saturday and 1pm to 5pm on Sundays.
You may also want to watch:
4. The Fat Cat Brewery Tap, Lawson Road
They are running a takeaway beer service, which includes cask, keg, bottled and canned beer and ciders, from Wednesday to Friday 4pm to 7pm, Saturday 1pm to 6pm and Sunday 1pm to 5pm. All the beers available that day will be written on a blackboard and it is contactless payment only with customers asked to use the rear entrance via the car park and there will be a table outside. While it has been temporarily shut, the brewery has also undergone a revamp and it has been redecorated inside with new furniture.
5. The Fat Cat and Canary, Thorpe Road
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed
For those living in NR1, head to The Fat Cat and Canary to stock up on draught beer from 4pm until 7pm daily. Alongside beer from the brewery, there are also options such as a plum porter, Earl Grey IPA and milk stout which are all collected from ‘the cat flap’.
6. Redwell Brewing, The Arches
Redwell Brewing in Trowse, on the outskirts of the city, opens up its taproom from 10am to 4pm Tuesday to Thursday, 10am to 6pm Friday and 12pm to 6pm on Saturday. All their beers, including their extra pale ale and Norwich pilsner, are available on tap or in cans and are also vegan and gluten-free.
7. The Artichoke, Magdalen Road
The Artichoke are offering cask and keg takeouts in two or four pints, with customers required to bring their own containers, alongside bottles and cans and the full list is on their Facebook page. They are open 12pm to 7pm Monday to Saturday and 12pm to 3pm on Sundays and they have also created a ‘Pub in a Box’ with five beers and snacks including crisps and nuts.
8. The Plasterers Arms, Cowgate
The Plasterers Arms are offering four beers on cask and keg daily, alongside a huge range of bottles and cans from the fridge with the selection posted on their Facebook page. They are currently open 4pm to 7pm Monday to Friday, 1pm to 7pm Saturday and 1pm to 6pm Sunday.
9. Brewdog, Queen Street
BrewDog in Norwich is making sure customers don’t miss out on fresh beer this summer by delivering drink straight from their taps. The bar chain and brewery is delivering soft drinks, glassware, cans and draught beers, including Clockwork Tangerine and their signature Punk IPA, through their new app BrewDog Now. They can also be collected along with food such as burgers, fries and wings and plenty of vegan options.