Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- Credit: Anglian Water
A second pump failure in as many days has again left a number of Norwich homes without water.
Anglian Water teams were called to the same pump on two occasions on the weekend leaving homes experiencing very low pressure or no water at all.
An Anglian Water said the "brief" failure was fixed within 30 minutes of being reported on Sunday.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: “Our team has now restored supplies to customers following a brief pump failure which caused some customers in Norwich and surroundings areas to experience a loss of water for a short period of time.
"Teams have been monitoring the network over the weekend to reduce the likelihood of further outages, and again swiftly responded to restore supplies to customers within 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank customers for their patience while we worked to get this fixed.”
Anglian Water teams were called to repair the issue which left a huge area of Norwich with low pressure or no water.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 5 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
Customers reported no water in the city's NR2, NR3 and NR4 postcodes, as well as Taverham and the surrounding area.