Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- Credit: Anglian Water
A second pump failure in as many days has again left a number of Norwich homes without water.
Anglian Water teams were called to the same pump on two occasions on the weekend leaving homes experiencing very low pressure or no water at all.
An Anglian Water said the "brief" failure was fixed within 30 minutes of being reported on Sunday.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: “Our team has now restored supplies to customers following a brief pump failure which caused some customers in Norwich and surroundings areas to experience a loss of water for a short period of time.
"Teams have been monitoring the network over the weekend to reduce the likelihood of further outages, and again swiftly responded to restore supplies to customers within 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank customers for their patience while we worked to get this fixed.”
Anglian Water teams were called to repair the issue which left a huge area of Norwich with low pressure or no water.
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 6 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 7 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 10 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
Customers reported no water in the city's NR2, NR3 and NR4 postcodes, as well as Taverham and the surrounding area.