Water outages hit homes across city
- Credit: Anglian Water
A large area of Norwich has seen its water supplies affected after a pump failure.
Anglian Water teams were called to repair the issue which left a huge area of Norwich with low pressure or no water.
Customers reported no water in the city's NR2, NR3 and NR4 postcodes, as well as Taverham and the surrounding area.
Anglian Water teams were able to restart the pump but advised customers to run their taps for a few minutes if water was cloudy or discoloured.
An Anglian Water spokesman said; “Our teams have successfully restored supplies to customers following a brief pump failure which caused some customers in Norwich and surroundings areas to experience a loss of water or reduction in pressure.
You may also want to watch:
"Our teams responded quickly to the issue and managed to restore supplies within an hour. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank customers for their patience while we worked to get this fixed.”
The Anglian Water website crashed due to high volumes of traffic following the outage.
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 3 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 6 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 7 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 10 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
Anglian Water expected to restore supplies by midday.