Water outages hit homes across city
- Credit: Anglian Water
A large area of Norwich has seen its water supplies affected after a pump failure.
Anglian Water teams were called to repair the issue which left a huge area of Norwich with low pressure or no water.
Customers reported no water in the city's NR2, NR3 and NR4 postcodes, as well as Taverham and the surrounding area.
Anglian Water teams were able to restart the pump but advised customers to run their taps for a few minutes if water was cloudy or discoloured.
An Anglian Water spokesman said; “Our teams have successfully restored supplies to customers following a brief pump failure which caused some customers in Norwich and surroundings areas to experience a loss of water or reduction in pressure.
"Our teams responded quickly to the issue and managed to restore supplies within an hour. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank customers for their patience while we worked to get this fixed.”
The Anglian Water website crashed due to high volumes of traffic following the outage.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 3 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 4 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 5 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 6 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 7 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 8 Thorpe Road closes to all traffic as resurfacing work begins
- 9 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 10 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
Anglian Water expected to restore supplies by midday.