Water outages hit homes across city
- Credit: Anglian Water
A large area of Norwich has seen its water supplies affected after a pump failure.
Anglian Water teams were called to repair the issue which left a huge area of Norwich with low pressure or no water.
Customers reported no water in the city's NR2, NR3 and NR4 postcodes, as well as Taverham and the surrounding area.
Anglian Water teams were able to restart the pump but advised customers to run their taps for a few minutes if water was cloudy or discoloured.
An Anglian Water spokesman said; “Our teams have successfully restored supplies to customers following a brief pump failure which caused some customers in Norwich and surroundings areas to experience a loss of water or reduction in pressure.
You may also want to watch:
"Our teams responded quickly to the issue and managed to restore supplies within an hour. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank customers for their patience while we worked to get this fixed.”
The Anglian Water website crashed due to high volumes of traffic following the outage.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 9 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 10 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
Anglian Water expected to restore supplies by midday.