City Hall clock stops working AGAIN
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
People might have passed City Hall panicking they were late for work this week.
But they need not fear - the clock towering over the market has just malfunctioned again.
A spokeswoman for Norwich City Council said: "The clock appears to have stopped itself and then restarted again at some point. We have asked our contractor to come and set it to the correct time.
"We’re hoping it’ll be back in action very soon."
It comes just six months after works were carried out to repair worn-out gears in the clock mechanism.
In 2017, the clock was stopped for three months to allow for repairs.
And the clock was stopped for 12 days between May 30 and June 6 in 2019 to allow for programmed repairs, including the cutting of a new gear.
City Hall and its clock tower date back to 1938.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 9 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food