Strictly Come Dancing 2017: 10 people from East Anglia who have appeared on TV talent shows
PUBLISHED: 13:46 09 September 2017 | UPDATED: 13:49 09 September 2017
As Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One tonight, JESSICA LONG finds 10 people from this region who have taken part in TV talent show contests .
• Leanne Mitchell: The singer from Lowestoft won the first series of The Voice in 2012 after being guided to victory by Sir Tom Jones.
• Kate Barmby: The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital nurse was one of the contestants on the 2016 series of The Great British Bake Off.
• Ronan Parke: Simon Cowell had high praise for this Poringland schoolboy who finished runner-up on the fifth series of Britain’s Got Talent in 2011.
• Sam Kelly: His performance of ‘Make You Feel My Love’ on Britain’s Got Talent in 2012 earned the Sprowston singer a place in the final where he finished ninth.
• Anthony Ogogo: The Lowestoft born boxer is a regular on the TV talent show circuit with appearances on Splash! in 2013 and Strictly Come Dancing in 2015.
• Bradley Waterman: The construction site worker from Norwich impressed in the first few rounds of The Voice 2016 but failed to make the live shows. • Tim Kinnaird: A former paediatrician at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, he narrowly missed out on the MasterChef crown in 2010.
• Ed Balls: The Norwich City chairman was the stand out star of Strictly Come Dancing 2016 thanks to his memorable routines with professional dancer Katya Jones.
• Caroline Flack: The Love Island presenter from Thetford won the 2014 series of Strictly Come Dancing with partner Pasha Kovalev.
• Myleene Klass: This Gorleston girl won a place in the band Hear’Say after appearing on Popstars in 2001.
• Norwich City chairman Ed Balls appeared in the 2016 series of Strictly Come Dancing.