Big names in comedy announced to play in Norwich’s Laugh in the Park festival
PUBLISHED: 11:38 27 March 2015 | UPDATED: 11:51 27 March 2015
Laugh in the Park has shown it is well and truly back on Norwich’s art scene by announcing a stellar line up of comedy talent for this year’s event.
Thursday, July 23
• Mime act The Boy With Tape On His Face
• Actress, writer and stand-up Jo Cauldfield
• Comic writer John Mann
Friday, July 24
• Stand-up Seann Walsh and his support act Mark Simmons
Saturday, July 25
• Comic writer Simon Evans
• Regular Mock The Week guest Gary Delaney
• Edinburgh Comedy Award 2014 winner Sara Pascoe
• Stand-up Nish Kumar
Sunday, July 26
• Lee Nelson, comedy actor known for his roles including Premiership footballer Jason Bent
• Radio One DJ and stand-up Tom Deacon
• Carl Donnelly, Edinburgh Comedy Award nominee and host
Acts including Seann Walsh, Simon Evans and Jo Caulfied will entertain the Norfolk audience between July 23 and 26 at Chapelfield Gardens.
Kicking off what promises to be four days of sharp humour, quick gags and slick one liners will be mime act Boy With Tape On His Face - who has featured on the Royal Variety Performance.
And on Sunday the UK’s favourite South London lad Lee Nelson takes to the stage. Nelson, real name Simon Brodkin, is known for his controversial antics including trying to blend in with the England football team as they boarded a plan to Miami in 2014.
Organised by Red Card Comedy Club, the festival took a two year break before it made a popular return last year.
Now in its seventh year at Chapelfield, Laugh in the Park director Derek Robertson said he is pleased with this year’s line up.
“We’re looking forward to it immensely,” he said.
“It should be the best one yet. The names we’ve got, including Seann Walsh and Tom Deacon, are incredible and to secure them is incredible. It just goes to show that comedy in Norfolk is on the map.
“Now people know the festival is back we hope they have a good and enjoyable time.”
• Gates open at 6pm and shows start at 8pm - refreshments are available.
• What do you think of this year’s Laugh in the Park line up? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Norwich Evening News. Click the link in the orange box above for details.