10 questions with… Technical Stage Manager, Cecily Rabey
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Cecily Rabey, a Technical Assistant Stage Manager on Running Wild which opens at Norwich Theatre Royal on April 25.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
A fine city (of course!)
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
Our wonderful stage management team! Bryan, Kate and Drew.
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
I don’t want to be anyone else.
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
I would spend Saturday going round the castle, the cathedral and all the historical bits of Norwich followed by a trip to The Waffle House for dinner (and maybe a trip down Prince of Wales if that’s where the wind takes us). Sunday would be spent being a culture vulture at the Sainsbury Centre in the UEA followed by a walk around the lake and then Sunday lunch at a pub. Hopefully I’ll get to show the cast and crew of Running Wild these bits of Norwich.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
• What’s your mantra in life?
It always seems impossible until it’s done.
• Which song defines your life?
Pulp – Mis-Shapes
• What’s your biggest fear?
Being in the wrong city for the wrong show and the wrong week for the wrong tour.
• What one thing could you never be without?
My tool kit. Couldn’t do anything without it.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
Maybe build a theatre of my own… or perhaps set up a fund to get young women into technical theatre and the sciences.
• If you’d like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org