10 questions with... Norwich Theatre Royal panto star, Rachel Davey
Nicholas Dawkes Photography
Each week we put a local resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves, this week we spoke to Rachel Davey, who is treading the boards this Christmas in Sleeping Beauty at Norwich Theatre Royal where she is part of the eight-strong Ensemble. Rachel grew up in Lowestoft and attended The Brighton Academy Of Performing Arts, performing as Mimi Marquez in Rent and in the Ensemble in Cabaret while she was training. She is thrilled to be performing in panto this year, especially at Norwich Theatre Royal as it is so close to her home.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Charming, lively, modern.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
If I was stranded on a desert island it would have to be with Johnny Depp so he could find out where the rum is and help make a ship! Also with Pocahontas as she could probably teach me a thing or two about living off the land, and with the Genie from Aladdin so he could keep us entertained and hopefully magic us out of there!
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
If I could be anyone else I would love to be Hermione Granger, as I would love to go to Hogwarts. (Although I’m a Hufflepuff so that does mean abandoning my own house!)
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
My perfect weekend in Norwich would be a spot of shopping at Chapelfield, going ice skating at the Christmas rink and ending up watching a show at Norwich Theatre Royal.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
I would rather spend a night out in Norwich.
• What’s your mantra in life?
My mantra in life: If you can dream it, you can do it!
• Which song defines your life?
Song that defines my life is How Far I’ll Go - Moana, life is all about going on adventures, taking chances and having fun!
• What’s your biggest fear?
My biggest fear is eating a poisoned apple!
• Which one thing could you never be without?
Something I could never be without is music - you’ll always find me singing along to Disney songs!
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
If I won the lottery I would go on a big family holiday to Bora Bora - it’s always been on my wish list! Buy lots of shoes and I would give lots of money to charity.
• If you’d like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org