10 questions with... Kathryn White
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them ten questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Kathryn White who will be starring in The Witches of Eastwick at Norwich Theatre Royal from January 31.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
Vibrant, historical and friendly.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with three people, who would you want them to be?
My husband, Adam, Ray Mears (to keep us alive) and David Attenborough (to narrate our day-to-day activities).
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
I’ve never really thought about it - I’m happy staying as me!
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
I’d start with brunch at Cafe33, followed by a film at Cinema City. Then I’d potter about the lanes and have a coffee at Strangers before heading somewhere for dinner – maybe The Bicycle Shop or Shiki. Then finish the night at Franks Bar or 42 King Street for Cocktails.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the telly or a night out in the city?
Generally, I’m more of a homebody and would watch a film with a takeaway, but you can’t beat the odd night out dancing and catching up with friends.
• What’s your mantra in life?
Everything will be alright – I try not to worry about things too much and trust it’ll all turn out alright in the end.
• Which song defines your life?
Don’t Stop Me Now - Queen
• What’s your biggest fear?
When I was little, I was afraid of the dark. Not so much these days, but there’s something about stairs in the dark which gives me the creeps!
• What one thing could you never be without?
Books. I love to read and always have a book on the go.
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I’d probably splurge a little bit, maybe go on holiday somewhere exotic or buy a house in the country, but I think I’d want my life to stay fairly the same, just safe in the knowledge I didn’t have to worry about money.
• If you’d like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org