10 questions with... Duncan Bellamy from Portico Quartet
Each week we put someone in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Duncan Bellamy from Portico Quartet, ahead of their show at Norwich Arts Centre on April 5.
• Describe Norwich in three words...
A fine city.
• If you were stranded on a deserted island which three people would you want with you?
Ray Mears, I’m sure he’d be able to build us a house and he’d also possibly get us off the island. Debussy as we’d need some music to keep us entertained and Meera Sodha because she seems like a nice person and she’d be able to keep us well fed with her delicious cooking.
• If you could be anyone else who would you be?
I don’t think spending your life wishing to be someone else is very productive, so I’ll stick with me.
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
Coffee and brunch, a good walk through the city, maybe a show at the Arts Centre and then a trip along the river.
• What’s your mantra in life?
• Which song defines your life?
The Harlem Shake.
• Would you rather spend a night out in the city or a night in front of the telly?
I’d rather spend a night out in the city. I havn’t ever owned a TV.
• What’s your biggest fear?
Being eaten by a shark.
• What one thing could you never be without?
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I’d like to build my own house, one in the city and one in the countryside if the money went that far.
• If you’d like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Norwich Evening News. Click the link in the orange box above for details.