Tunnel of Light set to return to Norwich this Christmas
- Credit: Norwich BID
A popular Christmas attraction is set to return to Norwich this year.
The Tunnel of Light in Hayhill is believed to be the largest one of its kind and consists of over 57,000 LED lights.
It will return to the city on Tuesday, November 16 and stay until Wednesday, January 5, 2022.
Having lit up the city centre since 2016, the area will be kitted out with Christmas lights and decorations to mark the festive season.
The renowned tunnel is run by Norwich Business Improvement District (BID), and attracts thousands of visitors to the city every year.
Stefan Gurney, Executive Director of Norwich Business Improvement District (BID), said: "We’re delighted to be bringing the Tunnel of Light back to Norwich this Christmas, with refreshed LED’s so it will shine even brighter.
"We know The Tunnel of Light is a much loved attraction and it will help create the feel of festive wonder in the city centre. We can’t wait to see people enjoy it once again."
- 1 Norwich cycle shop closes after 125 years in business
- 2 Road closed after BMW comes off the road in Mousehold Heath
- 3 Fry Up Inspector reveals his favourite places for a roast dinner in Norwich
- 4 City centre steak restaurant to DOUBLE in size thanks to move
- 5 How clothing boss got Norwich hooked on luxury
- 6 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 7 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 8 Award-winning Norwich pub celebrates 30 years in style
- 9 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 10 Arena plans expected to bring windfall to city
In 2018, the attraction received over 12 million mentions on social media.
Last year, safety measures were put in place and people were asked to walk on the left hand side to ensure social distancing could be observed.
Join our What’s On in Norfolk Facebook group for more information about the biggest and best events coming to the county.