High-profile Shakespeare shows cancelled due to positive Covid test
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Two eagerly-awaited nights of a Shakespeare drama in the shadow of Norwich Cathedral have been cancelled after one of its cast members tested positive for Covid.
A Midsummer Night's Dream had been due to take place on Thursday and Friday (July 22-23) as part of Norwich Theatre's 'Interlude in the Close' season.
But one of the two-strong cast has registered a positive test for Covid, resulting in the two performances being cancelled.
Theatre company Out of Chaos will instead perform the play at Norwich Playhouse on Saturday, October 16, starting at 7.30pm.
Interlude is a collaboration between Norwich Theatre - which runs the Theatre Royal, Playhouse and Stage Two - and Lost in Translation Circus.
It launched in Chapelfield Gardens last year, and is back for a second summer at a new location of Norwich Cathedral Close.
Shows are taking place in a big top tent on the fields of Norwich School.
- 1 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 2 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 5 'I was a bit gutted' - What change of crest means for Norwich City tattoo fans
- 6 5 of the best heated pub gardens in Norwich
- 7 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 8 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 9 'It looks like a supermarket car park': Fury over floodlit city park
- 10 Charity worker risks losing THOUSANDS due to ongoing moving delays
Award-winning comedian Rich Hall is set to perform on Wednesday evening.