Pub running après-ski night with Austrian beer, food and wine
- Credit: The Kings Head
You may not feel comfortable going abroad yet, but Austria is coming to your doorstep at an upcoming après-ski night at a Norfolk pub.
The Kings Head in Bawburgh, a village just outside Norwich, is running Wimmer-Fest on Friday, November 19 from 5pm until late.
It is named after owner Anton Wimmer, 50, whose family has run the pub for 38 years and his father is Austrian.
It will take place outside in the permanent alfresco area and in a temporary marquee, with both covered and heated.
The food will include schnitzel, various types of sausages, goulash and a range of pork dishes.
This can all be washed down with drinks such as Stiegl and Hirter Austrian beers, hot chocolate, schnapps and mulled wine.
There will also be selected dishes and a raffle raising money for the Priscilla Bacon Hospice.
Book a table at kingsheadbawburgh.co.uk with a £20 deposit, which is refunded against food and drink.
- 1 Busy Norwich city centre road closed due to accident
- 2 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 3 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 Man who founded Norwich vet hospital retiring after 33 years
- 7 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 Couple's horror at 'mindless vandalism' as Christmas lights torn down
- 10 MP to hold meeting over huge patient backlog at city surgery