5 places in Norwich to get takeaway crêpes on Pancake Day
- Credit: Archant
Make sure you have a flipping brilliant Pancake Day and support local by ordering takeaway crêpes from one of these great Norwich businesses.
This year, Shrove Tuesday is on February 16 and it is traditionally a way to use up eggs, milk and butter before giving them up for Lent.
1. Christophe's Crêpes
See the latest opening times on the Christophe's Crepes Instagram page
Couple Chris and Lauren Smith opened the Christophe's Crêpes shop in Pottergate last summer, in the former home of Tofurei, following the success of their popular food van in nearby Davey Place.
Takeaways have been available from the shop throughout the week and the van at weekends during the latest lockdown, with its own app for Friday and Saturday deliveries too, and both will be serving up sweet and savoury crêpes on Pancake Day.
Options include a Strawberry Bae, with Nutella or rich Belgian dark chocolate, Banoffee, with chopped banana, toffee and crushed Lotus Biscoff, and a Cheesy Grin with cheddar, mozzarella and ham.
2. Delightful Desserts
Delightful Desserts opened in 2019 in the Castle Quarter and is currently offering delivery through Uber Eats, Just Eat or Deliveroo.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
It serves crêpes and pancake stacks, with a range of fruit, chocolate and biscuit toppings, and there are also vegan options such as Choc Nutty and peanut butter with chocolate chips and syrup.
Also available to order is ice cream, gelato, waffles, which can be made vegan, cookie dough, milkshakes, cakes and sundaes.
Sundaes Gelato in St Giles Street is currently open for takeaways and people can either turn up and order or arrange collection or delivery through the Deliveroo or Just Eat platforms.
The menu is packed with tempting desserts and the crêpes include M&M Crunch, Brownie Boom and Kinder Bueno.
You can also get gelato, sundaes, waffles, cakes, milkshakes and smoothies.
4. Queen Waffle
Queen Waffle in Aylsham Road is offering its pancakes for takeaway during lockdown and you can have them delivered through Just Eat.
The team offer three different crêpes for delivery, with a choice of original, with lemon juice, brown sugar, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, strawberries and banana, served with white chocolate ice cream and banana sauce, and a savoury ham and cheese.
Customers can also turn up and order, though they will need to wait outside due to the lockdown restrictions, and it is at number 288a on the road.
5. 24/7 Munchies
This new Norwich-based business is launching on February 15 and will be delivering cakes, shakes, waffles, crêpes and more.
On its social media there are pictures of its crêpes, with plenty of fruity and chocolate toppings.
Follow them on @247munchies for updates.