Two fish and chip shops in Norwich win national award
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
Two fish and chip shops in Norwich have been recognised among the best in the country.
Chish and Fips, located at 53 Angel Road, first opened more than 80 years ago and has won the prestigious award for a fourth consecutive time.
It offers a gluten free menu alongside its normal menu every Tuesday.
Orford Plaice, based at 13 Orford Place, has also won the award on numerous occasions, having being recognised for a third time.
Founded in 2002, the Good Food Awards divides its awards into several different categories, such as fish and chips, cafes, takeaways, gastro pubs and hotel awards.
Other Norfolk winners across the categories include Bann Thai in Cromer, Sands Restaurant in Wells-next-the-Sea and Garden Kitchen Café in Hoveton.
- 1 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 2 Fry Up Inspector reveals his favourite places for a roast dinner in Norwich
- 3 Norwich cycle shop closes after 125 years in business
- 4 Road closed after BMW comes off the road in Mousehold Heath
- 5 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 6 Award-winning Norwich pub celebrates 30 years in style
- 7 City centre steak restaurant to DOUBLE in size thanks to move
- 8 'Dog ramps' added as part of River Yare restoration project
- 9 How clothing boss got Norwich hooked on luxury
- 10 Crime hit street gives woman 'nightmares'