Oktoberfest with bottomless Bavarian beer running at bar
- Credit: Main image: Denise Bradley, smaller image: izhairguns/GettyImages/iStockPhoto
Celebrate Oktoberfest in style this autumn at a bar just outside Norwich which is offering bottomless beer.
'OAKtoberfest' will take place at The Oak Bar and Terrace at The Oaklands Hotel in Thorpe St Andrew on Friday, October 8 and Saturday, October 9.
Guests will be able to enjoy two-and-a-half hours of bottomless Bavarian beer.
There will also be German food, including Bratwurst eating competitions, and live music to get you in the party spirit.
Prizes will be given to the best dressed, so dust off that lederhosen and go all out.
The sessions available are 7pm to 9.30pm on Friday and 4pm to 6.30pm or 8pm to 10.30pm on Saturday.
The Oktoberfest tradition started in 1810 in Munich, Germany, to celebrate the marriage of the future King Ludwig I of Bavaria and Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 3 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 4 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 5 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 6 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 7 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 8 Road cleared following crash near KFC in Mile Cross
- 9 Norwich Western Link route change report delayed
- 10 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
Since then, the event has spread across the world and thousands of people enjoy German beer and food every autumn.
Tickets cost £39pp and can be booked at oaklands-hotel.co.uk/events/oaktoberfest-2188