Norwich chef makes 'best ever bacon sandwich' on Ainsley Harriott TV show
- Credit: Benedicts
A Norwich chef has been inundated with orders for his homemade sauce after he appeared on Ainsley's Harriott's new series.
Richard Bainbridge is the chef patron of award-winning fine dining restaurant Benedicts in St Benedicts Street.
Mr Bainbridge appeared on the latest episode of new ITV series Ainsley's Good Mood Food on Saturday (November 6).
The episode was a celebration of coffee and chocolate and the film crew visited Benedicts for the episode in May this year.
Mr Harriott's co-presenter Joseph Denison Carey went to the restaurant and Mr Bainbridge made him his "best ever bacon sandwich" using his Coffee Barbecue Sauce, which went down a storm.
Mr Bainbridge launched his dine at home and sauce range at the start of 2021 in response to the Covid pandemic.
Mr Bainbridge, who runs the restaurant with his wife and managing director Katja, said: "It was incredible to be asked to do something Ainsley Harriott was involved in as I grew up watching him.
- 1 'No thanks or penny' - Norwich City crest designer hits out at change
- 2 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 3 A look back at shoppers in Norwich over the decades
- 4 Concerns raised over plans for 180 homes in suburb village
- 5 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 6 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 7 Shabby shed being used by car hobbyist is 'planning breach', council says
- 8 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 9 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 10 Application submitted for two new homes in front garden
"The orders for the sauce have gone crazy and we sent 38 boxes to go around the country today [Wednesday] and 20 yesterday and we spoke to Jarrold and its online shop has sold out."