Chilean market stall is serving Christmas dinner in an empanada
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich Market stall serving Chilean street food has packed its signature dish full of festive flavours.
Cocina Mia launched two Christmas empanadas last week, adding a seasonal twist to the stuffed pastries.
A meat option of turkey, stuffing, sausage and sprouts and a vegetarian option of deep fried goat cheese and cranberry are on offer, which can be enjoyed alongside a variety of salads.
Ana Bridgman, who opened the stall in 2017 after wanting to share her love of Chilean food with the people of Norwich, said: "We've been doing mince pie empanadas for a few years which are always really popular but we wanted to do something different this year.
"Last week was a bit quieter which gave me time to think of new recipes.
"It has been selling really well so far."
Empanadas are a popular street food in Chile and are reminiscent of a Cornish pasty.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 8 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 9 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 10 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes