Norwich chef takes over golf club restaurant
- Credit: supplied by Simon Wainwright
Renowned Norwich chef Jason Metcalf is to take over the restaurant at a prestigious, coastal golf club.
Mr Metcalf, who has built a reputation for excellence at Norwich's Assembly House, will go into partnership with Simon Wainwright to relaunch the clubhouse at Gorleston Golf Club.
They chefs used to work together at Great Yarmouth's Imperial Hotel, Mr Wainwright going on to open his own restaurant in Gorleston SW1 four years ago.
The pair said they were excited to take on the 800-member golf club when the current boss retired.
Mr Wainwright added: "When I worked at The Imperial Hotel they were like my family and that is how I want it to be at the golf club. There are some really nice people there that have worked there a long time.
You may also want to watch:
"I am still fairly young and I have some good ideas. It is a lovely, lovely place on the cliffs, the restaurant is really nice."
He added the general manager Gillian Fowler was also formerly from The Imperial Hotel, completing the family.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 5 of the best places for a curry in Norwich