All the pictures as festival brings magic of Thailand to city park
- Credit: Jess Coppins
A city park was transformed into a Bangkok bonanza as the Magic of Thailand Festival rolled into Eaton Park.
Thousands of people flocked to the Norwich park over the weekend to enjoy the vast and varied offering of the travelling festival.
The event saw all aspects of the Asian country showcased, from its unmistakable food and drinks offerings to martial arts and even ladyboys.
Organiser Jackie Winitkun said: "It's been amazing. We love bringing Thailand to Norwich and had such a very warm welcome.
"I think people really enjoy what we bring here - the Thai culture, Thai food and Thai smiles."
There was a whole array of activities for the whole family, including traditional wooden toy-making workshops and fairground rides.
And a highlight also saw visitors challenged to try weird and wonderful foods in the ever-popular 'I'm British, Get Me Out of Here' eating competition.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 6 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 7 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 8 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 9 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 10 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
It was the third time the event had been held in Norwich, with the 2020 event postponed.