Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- Credit: Garden Bar
Cocktails and tapas dishes from around the world are on the menu of a city bar which has relaunched with a new name.
The Garden Cocktail Bar and Eatery has taken over the Gatherers in Muspole Street.
The venue, which is under new management, closed for a short period while it underwent a small revamp both inside and outside to give it more of a "comfortable and relaxed vibe".
Its food and drink menus have also diversified with a variety of vegan tapas dishes and new cocktails inspired by flavours from across the world.
Some of the new drinks include the Tokyo ice tea with Japanese melon liquor and the Blackberry Caipirinha which is the national drink of Brazil.
The business, which has one of the biggest beer gardens in the city, reopened on Friday, May 13.
New manager, Benji Steggles, said: "I have been in hospitality for a long time and it's always nice when you see people happy and enjoying themselves in an environment which you have created.
- 1 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 3 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 4 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 5 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 6 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 7 Staff 'distraught' after sought-after nursery closes
- 8 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 9 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
- 10 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
"The revamp has been very well received. We've given the venue a fresh, funky new vibe with lots of plants and greenery.
"And all of our new dishes and cocktails have been going down amazingly."