If you can eat café's huge 'gutbuster' breakfast you get it for free
- Credit: Sam's Café
A café in Norwich is running a bumper breakfast challenge and those that manage to clear the plate get it for free.
Sam McGhee opened Sam's Café in Vauxhall Street just before the first lockdown in 2020.
Despite the challenges of the last two years, it has become one of the city's most popular spots for fry-ups, tasty lunches and Sunday roasts, with the latter also available for delivery.
For those looking for some serious fuel to kick off their day, Mr McGhee offers a 'gutbuster' breakfast for £15.
It comes with six each of bacon, sausages, hash browns, eggs, black pudding, fried tomatoes and toast, along with nine chopped mushrooms, a bowl of baked beans and a large tea or coffee.
If diners can scoff it all in 45 minutes they get it for free and earn a spot on the wall of fame.
Mr McGhee, 23, said: "So far 20 people have tried and failed, a 16-year-old boy got the furthest but still had about four sausages, bread and a bowl of beans.
- 1 Bid for 4,000 homes could turn village near NDR into 'town'
- 2 Plea to find next-of-kin after death of 48-year-old Norwich man
- 3 Miss Wiggy, the 26-stone pig who lived in NR3, dies aged 13
- 4 Man in his 60s charged in connection with city murder
- 5 Revealed: Where Japanese knotweed has been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 'Frustrated' father fined for accidentally overstaying in city car park
- 7 Wall-to-wall fun: Former shop transformed into climbing centre
- 8 Norwich Lanes Summer Fayre returns with stalls, live music and 'great food'
- 9 Appeal after men were injured when trying to stop fight
- 10 Woman loses 11 stone after gastric band nightmare
"Loads of people have said that it would be easy but the proof is in the pudding."
Sam's Café is open Monday to Friday 8am-4pm, Saturday 8am-3pm and Sundays 9am-2pm - follow @samscafeteria on Instagram