5 Norwich food and drink openings to look forward to this spring
- Credit: Brittany Woodman/Archant
From a vegan butcher shop to a street food van expanding into a pub, there are plenty of new openings to look forward to in Norwich.
1. The Little Vegan Butchers
A vegan butcher shop is set to open soon at Alexander House in Rose Lane and it will offer homemade burgers, sausages and shawarma which are all plant-based.
It will be run by couple Clare and Scott Heapy who have operated the Crazy Pineapple Catering Company since 2016.
Prime has a legion of fans across the city and beyond for its delicious steaks served on hot rocks.
While there is no opening date set, it has just launched a mailing list for its exclusive launch.
3. Botanical Garden Bar
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 3 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 4 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 5 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 6 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
- 7 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 8 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
Theatre company Curious Directive is based in St Simon and St Jude Church in Elm Hill and launched Botanical Garden Bar in response to the pandemic in its relaxing outdoor space.
It will reopen for the 2022 season on May 19 and until June 4 on select dates you will be able to enjoy a pizza, drink and ticket to play Spindrift for £20.
4. Harry's Soul Station
Donna Newby and Marc Ward are opening Harry's Soul Station at The Fat Percy pub site in Adelaide Street after the success of the street food van Harry's Soul Train.
The menu will include tacos, chicken wings, gourmet burgers, steaks and rice bowls and there will also be a deli selling local produce.
In the daytime it will be a café bistro, offering breakfasts, sandwiches, paninis and coffees.
5. Liquid Chocolate Bar
On the outskirts of Norwich in Sprowston, Gemma Wade creates handmade nostalgic chocolate bars and posts them across the UK.
She is taking her business, called The Chocolate Bar Baker, up a gear and is launching the Liquid Chocolate Bar in a converted horsebox which will offer desserts topped with melted chocolate.