This is how many crumpets contest-winner ate in 10 minutes
- Credit: Ella Wilkinson
A crumpet or two for breakfast or a snack might be enough for some people.
But one Norwich woman who took on a ten minute challenge this weekend and ate more than one crumpet a minute to be crowned champion.
Norwich business the Crumpetorium ran the contest in the Golden Triangle's Connaught Kitchen on Sunday morning.
Competitors paid £10 entry with all the funds going to charity.
A mixture of flavours were put on for the baked-goods battle, including original, chocolate orange and cheese.
And Natasha Bartram was crowned winner having eaten 12 and a half crumpets in ten minutes.
For her efforts she took home a hamper full of goodies from local businesses.
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
- 6 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Staff tuck into emergency honeycomb after bees rescued from city pub
- 8 When will work start on new Aldi store?
- 9 'Fast & Furious' modified cars reported speeding down industrial road
- 10 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
Katrina Ajomale from Crumpetorium said: “The crumpets for the competition are leftovers from my batches each week.
“So, what would've gone to waste is now being put into a fun morning to raise some money instead.”
Katrina added: "We raised £155 for the charity FoodShare."