Norwich restaurant launches Japanese barbecue menu
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
A Norwich restaurant has invested in specialist kit to expand its menu and launch a Japanese barbecue range.
Ciscoe's Pan Asian and Sushi, on Ber Street, has bought a specialist ceramic Japanese barbecue and binchotan charcoal, Japanese white charcoal which is popular for its long cooking time, minimal smoke and consistent temperature.
It is now initially running its barbecue evenings on Thursdays and Sundays, with dishes including rib-eye steak, chicken yakitori and grilled squid.
Ali Zandi, the restaurant's owner, said they had expanded the menu to include Japanese barbecue to offer something different in Norwich, as well as to cater to customers who may not be as keen on sushi.
"It's healthy, it's tasty and when people sit down and smell it they will want to know what it is," he said. "I find working with fire very relaxing."
Japanese barbecue, which is also known as yakiniku, often refers to bite-sized pieces of meat or fish cooked over charcoal, then dipped into sauces and seasonings.
Ciscoe's is currently open for takeaways, but is fully reopening from Thursday, May 20.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 3 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 6 Battered bus shelter wrapped in police tape after delivery van smash
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 10 'Please help': Family's plea for support for superfan Lily's funeral