Norwich restaurant launches Japanese barbecue menu
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
A Norwich restaurant has invested in specialist kit to expand its menu and launch a Japanese barbecue range.
Ciscoe's Pan Asian and Sushi, on Ber Street, has bought a specialist ceramic Japanese barbecue and binchotan charcoal, Japanese white charcoal which is popular for its long cooking time, minimal smoke and consistent temperature.
It is now initially running its barbecue evenings on Thursdays and Sundays, with dishes including rib-eye steak, chicken yakitori and grilled squid.
Ali Zandi, the restaurant's owner, said they had expanded the menu to include Japanese barbecue to offer something different in Norwich, as well as to cater to customers who may not be as keen on sushi.
"It's healthy, it's tasty and when people sit down and smell it they will want to know what it is," he said. "I find working with fire very relaxing."
Japanese barbecue, which is also known as yakiniku, often refers to bite-sized pieces of meat or fish cooked over charcoal, then dipped into sauces and seasonings.
Ciscoe's is currently open for takeaways, but is fully reopening from Thursday, May 20.
- 1 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 2 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 3 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 6 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 8 Norwich City Council Elections 2021 - Labour keep control of City Hall
- 9 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
- 10 Decision due on longer stay for Norwich's Junkyard Market