Ainsley Harriott spends birthday filming TV series in Norwich
- Credit: Matt Holyoak/Comic Relief
A celebrity chef has spent his birthday in Norwich filming for a television series alongside a renowned restaurant critic.
Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent enjoyed the city's food scene on Monday, February 28, as part of filming for a new series.
The chef, who celebrated his 65th birthday in the city, posted a photo on Instagram of his breakfast at the Assembly House in Theatre Street.
The former Ready Steady Cook presenter went for an order of pancakes with bacon, a fried egg and maple syrup.
The caption read: "Tasty birthday breakfast in Norwich before a day of filming."
The pair were later spotted at Cocina Mia, a Chilean street food stall on Norwich Market.
The owner of the stall, Ana Bridgman, posted a photo of her with the duo on Twitter.
- 1 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 2 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 3 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 4 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 5 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 9 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
The tweet read: "Look who dropped by for a cheeky empanada. Watch this space, might have a spot on the box."
This is not the first time Harriott has visited Norwich Market.
In 2011 he filmed with the The Mushy Pea Stall for Great British Food Revival.