Music festival postponed due to 'sharply rising' Covid cases
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto/Woodbastwick Estate/Woodforde's Brewery/Ace Life Ltd
A new music festival due to launch this summer at a Norfolk estate has been postponed due to rising coronavirus cases.
Woodstockwick Festival was scheduled to take place in the private grounds of the Woodbastwick Estate over the weekend of August 21 and 22.
The family-friendly event was set to feature live music, with headline tribute acts Elite Elton and Abba Magic, alongside children's activities, world food and beers from Woodforde's Brewery.
It has now been postponed indefinitely due to the ongoing risk from coronavirus and all ticket-holders will be contacted to receive a refund.
The Wooodbastwick Estate has said that it is hoping to see Woodstockwick launching in the summer of next year, or even sooner, if conditions allow.
Ben Lake, one of the organisers who was also due to perform, said: “In light of the fact that we are seeing the sharpest rises in Covid cases across the country since the first lockdown as well as sharply rising UK hospital admissions and a slowdown in vaccinations, the Woodbastwick Estate took the very difficult decision to indefinitely postpone this year’s event.
You may also want to watch:
He continued: "One festival is not worth one life and we are not prepared to take risks that might put lives in danger or harm the NHS.”
Elsewhere in Norfolk, the organisers of Houghton Festival, which takes place near Fakenham, have cancelled the 2021 event due to the challenges posed by NHS Test and Trace.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 3 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 4 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 5 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 6 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced
- 7 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 8 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 9 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 10 Three cars smash into wall at petrol station as bosses take action