Wensum Wonderland launching this Christmas with ice rink, market and rides
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From a festive market to fairground rides, you'll be walking in a Wensum Wonderland at a new Christmas event launching in Norfolk.
Wensum Wonderland runs from Thursday, December 17 until Wednesday, December 23 at Wensum Valley Hotel, Golf and Country Club in Taverham, with timed entry slots from 2pm to 8pm each day and it closes at 10pm.
The event, which was rescheduled due to the second lockdown, will have a Christmas market inside, offering everything from candles to wooden crafts from local businesses.
Also indoors, where masks will need to be worn, will be the Wonderland Restaurant, which will be fully decorated, and household groups will be able to sit together.
Outdoors, mixed groups of up to six can sit in the Wonderland Food Court and options include turkey baguettes, Yorkshire pudding wraps and Norfolk company The Cheesecake Genie will be offering delicious desserts.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a synthetic ice rink at the event, which is made of plastic instead of ice but skates are still worn, and a fairground, which includes bumper cars, a snow globe, fun house, trampolines and a helter-skelter, and all attractions cost £2 to £4 each.
Children can meet Father Christmas at a socially distanced grotto, included in the ticket price, and they will have a brief chat with him and get a bag of sweets.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 3 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 4 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
- 5 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 9 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space
- 10 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
The event is fully Covid-safe and there will be a one-way system, hand sanitiser stations and limited capacity.
Adam Coulton, organiser of Wensum Wonderland, said: "It is a delight to be able to give local traders a little glimmer of hope at the end of a torrid year.
"We are very restricted on numbers and tickets for the earlier slots are flying out, with people bringing younger children to meet Father Christmas.
"The tickets are priced reasonably so everyone can get out and enjoy Christmas cheer."
If the event is unable to go ahead due to coronavirus restrictions, a full refund will be issued.
Tickets cost £8 for adults (18+), £6 for children (3+), £4 for carers and pre-booking is essential at wonderland.musthavetickets.co.uk