Live music, mobile skatepark and funfair on offer at community event
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Families will be able to enjoy a free, community event in a public open space on the outskirts of Norwich.
Thorpe St Andrew Town Council is hosting a Picnic in the Park at Sir George Morse Park, Laundry Lane, on Wednesday August 11 from 10am to 3pm.
The event will include live music from vocalist Gary Winter and the band Pirate Joe and the Locals.
There will also be a wood carving demonstration, fairground rides for children under the age of eight, 'walkies' helium balloons and a mobile skatepark.
The town council has encouraged families to bring their own picnic blanket and ball to set up for the day in the vast open recreation ground space.
You may also want to watch:
Picnics will be available from the Little Park Café with those interested asked to pay in advance then collect on the day.
For more information on the event, contact the town council on 01603 701048 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 2 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 5 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
- 6 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 7 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 8 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 9 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 10 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut