Live music, comedy and cinema nights planned for Plantation Garden
- Credit: The Secret Garden/Denise Bradley
Norwich's secret garden will burst into life with live music, comedy and outdoor cinema screenings at a new event this summer.
The Secret Garden will run at The Plantation Garden, off Earlham Road, from Friday, August 6 to Sunday, August 8 and Friday, September 3 to Sunday, September 5.
Across the two weekends there are six events, with three live music nights, a comedy gig and two outdoor films.
Confirmed so far are The Foreign Locals, a duo that play everything from reggae to techno, and multi-instrumentalist and singer Lee Vann on August 6.
There will also be a screening of 1984 classic musical Footloose, with acoustic 80s music from The Avi8ors beforehand, on August 8 and 2018 blockbuster A Star Is Born, starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, will be shown on September 5.
A spokesman for the event said: "The people who normally do the outdoor cinema there aren't this year and we wanted to fill that gap.
"Seeing the location we decided to do comedy and music too as it is such a beautiful setting."
There will also be street food vendors and a bar, with all updates on 'The Secret Garden Norwich' Facebook page and tickets go on sale on April 19.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 4 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 5 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 6 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 7 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 8 'Normal is nerve-wracking': City bosses' plan to keep masks despite rules
- 9 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 10 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week