Did you spot the giant lion in Norwich city centre?
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
If you were walking through Norwich city centre on Wednesday lunchtime you may have spotted a giant lion.
The puppet, which is operated by three people, is of Aslan and stars in the touring production of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at Norwich Theatre Royal until Saturday (April 9).
It has been created by former War Horse puppeteer Toby Oli and is directed by Max Humphries.
Aslan in this adaptation of CS Lewis' timeless tale features both the puppet and actor Chris Jared who embodies the human side of the character.
Mr Jared said: "It is a show of real spectacle with puppetry, dance and actor musicians compounded with this familiar story."
The puppet itself is operated by Oli Grant (the head), Shaun McCourt (the heart) and Ollie Bingham (the tail).
Mr McCourt said: "Our puppetry develops throughout the run and there are things that happen now that weren't happening weeks ago."
- 1 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 2 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 3 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 4 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 5 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
- 8 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 9 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
The show also stars Samantha Womack, who played Ronnie Mitchell in EastEnders, as The White Witch.
Buy tickets at norwichtheatre.org