Science club for grown-ups launches with pizza and pint for a fiver
- Credit: Rob Dodsworth (main image)
A science club for adults is set to shake up Monday nights in Norwich and you can also enjoy a pizza and pint for a fiver.
It is running every Monday from January 31 until February 21 from 7pm until 8pm at the home of award-winning theatre company curious directive in St Simon and St Jude's Church in Elm Hill.
Each week a different expert will deliver an interactive presentation on an area of science - ranging from water wars to quantum biology.
Guests at the science club each week will be invited back on the Friday at 5pm to watch a short showcase by the theatre company using the theme.
It costs just £5 for the club, a woodfired pizza, an alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink and the Friday session with another drink.
Jack Lowe, artistic director, said: "The idea is to give people something interesting to do on a Monday evening.
"It is a really generous offer as we believe so strongly in bringing people into our theatre making process early."
Book at curiousdirective.com/science-club with doors open from 6.30pm.
- 1 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 2 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 3 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 4 Protest planned as anger grows against 725 homes plan
- 5 Arrest after man found with large quantity of cannabis and lock knife
- 6 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 7 Neighbours saw homeowner using hosepipe to fight flames of school building
- 8 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 9 Former City defender Klose training with Championship club
- 10 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre