Growing number of artists postpone shows in Norwich due to Covid
- Credit: PA
A growing number of artists have postponed their upcoming shows in Norwich due to the current situation surrounding Covid.
Here are the events cancelled so far in Norwich.
1. Frank Turner
The folk-punk star announced in December that his January and February tour was no longer going ahead. All tickets were refunded for the show at the LCR on January 19 and Frank and his band hope to reschedule the shows "when safe to do so."
2. Miles Kane
Miles Kane, who also plays in the Last Shadow Puppets, decided to postpone his Norwich show at the Waterfront until May 28, blaming disruptions caused by Covid.
3. Wolf Alice
The alt-rock four-piece announced their January show at the LCR would no longer be going ahead due to the continuing spread of the Omicron coronavirus variant.
The band said they were "gutted" it could no longer go ahead and felt it was a "particularly volatile time" for the show to go ahead. The rescheduled date is yet to be announced.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 6 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 7 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
- 8 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 9 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 10 Woman hunts venue for 200 people and Madness tribute after The Talk shuts
4. Setting Sons
The rising stars from Norwich said it is "with a heavy heart" that their show at The Waterfront on January 14 couldn't go ahead any longer.
All tickets remain valid for the rescheduled date which is yet to be announced.
The Australian punk-rockers were forced to postpone their February show at the Waterfront in Norwich due to the ongoing Covid situation. It will be rescheduled for later in the year.
6. The Snuts
The Scottish indie-rock band cancelled their January show at the LCR.
The band said: "Our crew and fans come first and while current rules in England are that shows can go ahead, cases are high and in these intimate venues, only one positive case in our party derails the whole thing."
Join our What’s On in Norfolk Facebook group for more information about the biggest and best events coming to the county.