Picnic in the Park with outdoor cinema and live music coming to Norfolk
- Credit: Outdoor Cinema
A new outdoor event featuring blockbusters and live bands is coming to a country park this summer.
Picnic in the Park is heading to Whitlingham Country Park on the outskirts of Norwich from Friday, July 1 until Sunday, July 3.
It has been organised by Outdoor Cinema, a company which tours the UK, and this concept is new for 2022.
Five films will be shown across the weekend, which are Bohemian Rhapsody, The Lion King, Mamma Mia!, The Goonies and the final one is to be confirmed.
Each film will be part of a mini festival lasting four or five hours with a local live band performing before.
You can also bring you own food and drink, including alcohol, with on-site vendors selling everything from pizzas to burgers.
Organiser Mo Davies said: "It will be unlike any other outdoor cinema and a fun-filled evening of entertainment."
Tickets for each mini festival start at £15 per adult or £9 for under-16s at cinemaoutdoor.co.uk - local musicians can email email@example.com
- 1 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 2 Former city sex shop up for sale
- 3 U-turn on city bike shop closure
- 4 Dispute with council over legal cannabis use following eviction from home
- 5 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
- 6 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
- 7 Road cleared following crash near KFC in Mile Cross
- 8 'They want to suck your blood': Bed bugs invade city homes
- 9 Norwich Western Link route change report delayed
- 10 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
You will need to bring your own chairs unless buying VIP tickets.