Norwich Yoga Festival launching by lake with sauna on wheels
- Credit: Denise Bradley/Supplied by Alex Howarth
The first Norwich Yoga Festival takes place this summer and it will be a jam-packed day of classes, guest speakers and activities.
The event is happening on Saturday, August 6, on the meadow next to the barn at Whitlingham Lake in Trowse from 8am to 6.30pm.
It has been organised by Norwich-based Alex Howarth yoga and at least 11 yoga and Pilates classes will take place in a tent, with space for 50 mats in each.
All are included in the ticket price and booking will be available nearer the time for individual sessions.
There will also be 10 guest speakers and small businesses will sell products, ranging from yoga mats to eco candles.
Visitors can expect massage therapists offering reflexology and reiki and a sauna on wheels with accompanying ice bath too.
For children there will be activities such as mindfulness through movement and cookie decorating.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 3 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 4 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 5 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 6 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 7 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 8 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
- 10 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
Alex Howarth said: "The goal is to celebrate wellness and introduce visitors to the huge reach yoga and its many variations have."
Buy tickets at norwichyogafestival.org