Pirates of the Caribbean and Harry Potter stars to appear at Nor-Con 2021
- Credit: PA
A star-studded line-up has been announced for the upcoming Norfolk TV, Film and Comic Convention (Nor-Con), which is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year.
The event returns to the Norfolk Showground in New Costessey on the weekend of September 25 and 26, running from 10.30am until 5pm on Saturday and until 4pm on Sunday, with early access tickets available too.
Throughout the weekend, comic, film and TV fans will be able to enjoy a fantastic mix of exhibits, celebrity appearances, stage talks and demonstrations.
Leading the line-up of celebrity guests for 2021 is Pirates of the Caribbean actor Kevin McNally (Mr Gibbs), who is also a character in gaming sensation Sea of Thieves.
Harry Potter Death Eater Jon Campling will be running a wand training workshop and Doctor Who stars Katy Manning (Doctor's companion Jo Grant) and Terry Malloy (Davros) will be appearing on Saturday and Sunday respectively.
The Red Power Ranger Steve Cardenas will also be there, with more guests yet to be announced.
Also appearing for the first time this year is manga and anime artist Sonia Leong, who will be hosting drawing workshops on the main stage, the Silver Sabers, who will be offering Jedi training, and the Norwich Pops Orchestra (Sunday only).
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 3 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 4 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 5 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 6 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 7 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 8 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 9 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 10 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
Mark Dean, event organiser, said: “We are so excited to be back again and to be celebrating our 10th year here in Norwich.
"Nor-con 2021 is going to be a fully immersive geek-fest for all ages.
"We can’t wait to welcome everyone for a whole weekend of wonderful cosplay, celebrity guests, traders and stage talks, all in the friendliest atmosphere imaginable.”
Also at the event will be Artist Alley, where some of the most talented comic book illustrators will be appearing and sketching live, including Lew Stringer who has worked on Viz and The Beano.
Cosplay is a big part of Nor-Con for many visitors, with competitions throughout the weekend.
Each year, Nor-Con supports a local charity and for 2021 it is local mental health charity Norfolk and Waveney MIND.
General day admission is £13 for ages 14+, £9 for children (aged 6-13), with weekend and early access passes also available, and children aged five and under are free.
Book at nor-con.co.uk