Theatre Royal announces 'Badass' extras at outdoor summer festival
- Credit: Max Hilton
The Norwich Theatre Royal has announced some additions to its outdoor summer festival, Interlude in the Close.
Set in Norwich's Cathedral Close in a big-top circus tent from July 14 to August 30, 2021, Interlude in the Close features a packed programme of live performances this summer.
New shows added to the line-up include multi-award winning Police Cops: Badass (Jul 29), hot off the back of total sell-out runs at Edinburgh Fringe Festival & Soho Theatre, and world class comedy with Rich Hall, Ed Gamble, Lou Sanders and Ellie Taylor, fresh from her debut Netflix stand-up special.
Norfolk’s favourite comedian Karl Minns (17-18 Aug) returns this year after a popular debut at last year's event.
Families can look forward to watching The Mighty Kids Beatbox Comedy Show (Aug 1) and StrongWomen Science (Aug 24-30), starring two women scientists turned circus performers.
Lost in Translation Circus return with their Cabaret Lates from Aug 24-30.
You may also want to watch:
Interlude in the Close culminates in a circus-based celebration of community and togetherness in the city on Monday, August 30.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 8 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop