Theatre Royal announces 'Badass' extras at outdoor summer festival
- Credit: Max Hilton
The Norwich Theatre Royal has announced some additions to its outdoor summer festival, Interlude in the Close.
Set in Norwich's Cathedral Close in a big-top circus tent from July 14 to August 30, 2021, Interlude in the Close features a packed programme of live performances this summer.
New shows added to the line-up include multi-award winning Police Cops: Badass (Jul 29), hot off the back of total sell-out runs at Edinburgh Fringe Festival & Soho Theatre, and world class comedy with Rich Hall, Ed Gamble, Lou Sanders and Ellie Taylor, fresh from her debut Netflix stand-up special.
Norfolk’s favourite comedian Karl Minns (17-18 Aug) returns this year after a popular debut at last year's event.
Families can look forward to watching The Mighty Kids Beatbox Comedy Show (Aug 1) and StrongWomen Science (Aug 24-30), starring two women scientists turned circus performers.
Lost in Translation Circus return with their Cabaret Lates from Aug 24-30.
You may also want to watch:
Interlude in the Close culminates in a circus-based celebration of community and togetherness in the city on Monday, August 30.
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 4 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 10 New pet shop with pick and mix for dogs opens in Norwich