Laugh in the Park returns to Norwich for 2021 with top comedians
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Laugh in the Park has returned to Norwich for its tenth year, with some of the biggest names in comedy on the line-up.
The event runs until Sunday in a big top tent in Chapelfield Gardens and features three comedians and a host each night.
It is once again organised by Derek Robertson and Andrew Bunn, who run Red Card Comedy Club and hold regular events at Carrow Road.
Performing on Thursday is Jenny Beake, Daliso Chaponda, Paul Zerdin and host Ninia Benjamin.
On Friday, it is Noise Next Door, Martin Mor, Geoff Norcott and host Tiff Stevenson.
Saturday's acts are Mat Ewins, Tania Edwards, Dane Baptiste and host Matt Richardson.
On Sunday, Maisie Adam, Mark Simmons, Seann Walsh and host John Mann perform.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 4 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 5 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 6 Customers in shock as parking charges rack up at retail park
- 7 'What on earth!' - City folk baffled by obstacle cone stuck in pavement
- 8 Bolted e-bike worth 'more than £1,000' nabbed from Norwich home
- 9 Craft market with more than 40 stalls coming to Norwich this weekend
- 10 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
Mr Robertson said: "I think the appetite for getting out and doing something for the general public is enormous at the moment and it is nice to get Laugh in the Park back where it should be in Chapelfield Gardens.
"We all really missed doing it last year [due to the pandemic] and the timing felt right for it to return."
The shows start at 8pm each night, with the gates open from 6pm, and there is a bar and food from local vendors Natural Born Grillers and Elsie's Pizza.
On Saturday and Sunday, there will be live music events called The Garden Sessions from 12pm until 5pm.
On Saturday there will be DJ sets and on Sunday The Vagaband and The Avi80rs perform, with tickets free or pay what you can and bookable online.
Attendees will be temperature checked on arrival and are encouraged to wear masks in the bar area, with a couple of sides on the big top up to ensure a good airflow.
Tickets cost £22.50 (plus booking fee) and are available at redcardcomedyclub.com/laugh-in-the-park-norwich, with tickets also available on the door.
Our Summer in the City campaign encourages people to get out and about in Norwich this summer, and to make the most of its shops, pubs and restaurants and events.
Summer in the City is sponsored by Chantry Place and Norwich Business Improvement District (BID).