Laugh in the Park returns to Norwich for 2021 with top comedians
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Laugh in the Park has returned to Norwich for its tenth year, with some of the biggest names in comedy on the line-up.
The event runs until Sunday in a big top tent in Chapelfield Gardens and features three comedians and a host each night.
It is once again organised by Derek Robertson and Andrew Bunn, who run Red Card Comedy Club and hold regular events at Carrow Road.
Performing on Thursday is Jenny Beake, Daliso Chaponda, Paul Zerdin and host Ninia Benjamin.
On Friday, it is Noise Next Door, Martin Mor, Geoff Norcott and host Tiff Stevenson.
Saturday's acts are Mat Ewins, Tania Edwards, Dane Baptiste and host Matt Richardson.
On Sunday, Maisie Adam, Mark Simmons, Seann Walsh and host John Mann perform.
- 1 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 2 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Windows left with cracks after mystery bang heard in Norwich
- 5 'It came out of the blue': Chinese takeaway gets one-star hygiene rating
- 6 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 7 Public consultation launched over proposed 1,600 home development
- 8 Terror for tenants as yobs smash their way into flats
- 9 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 10 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
Mr Robertson said: "I think the appetite for getting out and doing something for the general public is enormous at the moment and it is nice to get Laugh in the Park back where it should be in Chapelfield Gardens.
"We all really missed doing it last year [due to the pandemic] and the timing felt right for it to return."
The shows start at 8pm each night, with the gates open from 6pm, and there is a bar and food from local vendors Natural Born Grillers and Elsie's Pizza.
On Saturday and Sunday, there will be live music events called The Garden Sessions from 12pm until 5pm.
On Saturday there will be DJ sets and on Sunday The Vagaband and The Avi80rs perform, with tickets free or pay what you can and bookable online.
Attendees will be temperature checked on arrival and are encouraged to wear masks in the bar area, with a couple of sides on the big top up to ensure a good airflow.
Tickets cost £22.50 (plus booking fee) and are available at redcardcomedyclub.com/laugh-in-the-park-norwich, with tickets also available on the door.
Our Summer in the City campaign encourages people to get out and about in Norwich this summer, and to make the most of its shops, pubs and restaurants and events.
Summer in the City is sponsored by Chantry Place and Norwich Business Improvement District (BID).