Nine days of live comedy and films planned for Norwich park this summer
- Credit: Archant
It is gearing up to be a side-splitting summer in Norwich as Laugh in the Park returns and new for 2021 it will include a comedy film festival.
Laugh in the Park is back in Chapelfield Gardens for its 10th anniversary from Thursday, July 29 to Sunday, August 1, featuring three comedians and a host each night.
It will once again take place in a big top tent and it will also feature street food stalls, a silent disco after show, on Friday and Saturday, and a Pimm's and prosecco tent alongside the regular bar.
It is organised by friends Derek Robertson and Andrew Bunn, both 52, who run Red Card Comedy Club, which holds monthly events at Carrow Road that are returning in September.
The line-up on Thursday night is Paul Zerdin, Daliso Chaponda and Jenny Beake, with host John Mann.
On Friday, the acts are Geoff Norcott, Martin Mor and Noise Next Door, hosted by Tiff Stevenson.
On Saturday is Dane Baptiste, Tania Edwards, Mat Ewins and host Matt Richardson.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 3 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 6 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 9 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 10 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
Bringing the festival to a close on Sunday will be Seann Walsh, Mark Simmons, Maisie Adam and host Ninia Benjamin.
Mr Robertson said: "There is such an appetite for people wanting to get out and do things and there is going to be a boom in Norwich this summer.
"We always like to give a balance of representation with a few newcomers."
New for 2021, Laugh in the Park will be followed by Movies in the Park from Wednesday, August 4 to Sunday, August 8.
There is something to suit all ages and the line-up includes School of Rock, Withnail and I, The Blues Brothers, Up and Airplane!
All films will be shown on a large LED screen, with later screenings through headphones, and there will also be street food stalls, a bar and popcorn stands.
Mr Bunn said: "We wanted to try something different and there are so many classic comedy films out there, we really wanted to give it a go."
Tickets to Laugh in the Park (£22.50) are on sale now and Movies in the Park tickets (£13.50 with one free child ticket per adult on children's films) go on sale on Friday, May 28 at redcardcomedyclub.com
Our Summer in the City campaign encourages people to get out and about in Norwich this summer, and to make the most of its shops, pubs and restaurants and events.
Summer in the City is sponsored by Chantry Place and Norwich BID.