'It is funny to come from Norfolk' - Karl Minns returning for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Comedian Karl Minns will remind audiences that it is "funny to come from Norfolk" in his new show at Norwich Theatre Royal this Christmas.
Mr Minns will perform in She Go Does it Under the Christmas Tree…with Friends as part of the venue's festive programme A Right Royal Christmas, running from December 16 to 24.
The solo show will see Mr Minns, also one half of comedy duo The Nimmo Twins with Owen Evans, bring back much-loved character She Go.
There will be a comedic look back at the county's weird and wonderful news stories over the last year, including the rise of plastic surgery in Norfolk and Londoners moving here.
At the end, he will appear as other Nimmo Twins characters.
Mr Minns also performed as She Go in the summer as part of Norwich Theatre's Interlude programme in a big top tent in Chapelfield Gardens.
Mr Minns said: "It is a very different show to the summer and out of the 80 minutes, 10 are bits I've done before but the rest is new.
"It is really funny and filthy and a great antidote to the year we've had stuck inside.
"Let's get together and laugh at ourselves and remember it is funny to come from Norfolk."
While Mr Minns had a lot of work cancelled this year due to coronavirus, he has been able to focus on writing and was hired as part of the writing team on the Spitting Image revival by Britbox, a digital subscription service created by the BBC and ITV.
- 1 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
Mr Minns added: "I watched it in the 80s and was very pleased with how it came out, but it was surreal as it was my first writing job without meeting anyone as we did it over Zoom."
"I'm now writing for a sci-fi comedy on HBO called Avenue 5 and hopefully there will be a Nimmo Twins 25th anniversary show in 2021."
Buy tickets at norwichtheatre.org or call 01603 630000.