How you can meet Lord of the Rings star in Norwich
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
An actor from The Lord of the Rings has been added to the stellar line-up at an upcoming Norwich event.
John Rhys-Davies, star of Hollywood blockbusters Lord of the Rings and Indiana Jones, will appear at Nor-Con.
Norfolk's TV, film and comic con event returns for its tenth year over the weekend of September 25 and 26 and it takes place at the Norfolk Showground.
Mr Rhys-Davies, who went to University of East Anglia, starred as Gimli the dwarf in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Sallah in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Lost Crusade.
He will be appearing on both days and autographs and photo shoots with him are now available to book online.
A host of other famous faces are heading to this year’s Nor-Con, including Pirates of the Caribbean actor Kevin McNally (Mr Gibbs) and Doctor Who stars Katy Manning (Jo Grant) on Saturday and Terry Molloy (Davros) on Sunday.
Throughout the weekend, there will be a mix of demonstrations, displays and exhibits.
Book at nor-con.co.uk
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 3 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 4 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 5 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 6 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 7 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 8 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 9 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey