Norwich comedy club announces stellar summer line-up
- Credit: Contributed
We all need cheering up after the last year and Hooma Comedy Club is guaranteed to get us all laughing again, with a jam-packed programme of top comics this summer.
The Norwich-based club hosts weekly comedy events and combines some of the biggest names on the national circuit with up-and-coming local talent.
Regular events take place at The Bowling House in Norwich, most Saturdays with the occasional Friday, Liberty Restaurant in Wroxham, every last Saturday of the month, and Sugar and Spice in Norwich, on every first Sunday.
The names announced so far for these gigs include Tony Law, who has starred on Russell Howard's Good News, John Mann, who has made a number of TV appearances and also supported Phill Jupitus and Lenny Henry on tour, Dan Evans, who featured on Channel 5's At the Store, and local rising stars Ciara Jack and Nelson Gombakomba.
Martin Westgate, Hooma founder, said: "It has been a difficult time for everyone and we’ve been doing our best with online gigs, but now it’s time to come back stronger.
"We’re excited to have so many high quality shows planned for the fine city of Norwich and beyond.
"What Hooma is good at is taking established comics and mixing them with local comedians, giving audiences that local flavour and our home grown talent exposure to watch masters in the craft."
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 6 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 7 New bus and cycle lane opens after traffic disruption into city
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk last week: Drug dealer, £1.3m fraudster and paedophile
- 9 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 10 Music shop for rent after couple bow out after 34 years
Hooma, is also booked for a series of larger outdoor events, including at Wildcraft Brewery on July 2, The Ha Ha Farm in Strumpshaw on July 3 and its first family-friendly show will be at The Brickmakers in Norwich on August 29, featuring Britain's Got Talent star Ben Langley.
It will also be supporting the annual Norfolk Day celebrations with a special event at The Bowling House on July 24, which will be an extended performance with a mix of panel shows, stand-up comedy and live podcast recordings to celebrate the region's comedy scene.
All events and performances will fall in line with any Covid-19 requirements given at the time of performance.
Mr Westgate added: "We need to have fun and bring the 'hooma' back but also be responsible."
Visit hoomacomedy.wixsite.com/senseofhooma to book tickets to a show.
Our Summer in the City campaign encourages people to get out and about in Norwich this summer, and to make the most of its shops, pubs and restaurants and events.
Summer in the City is sponsored by Chantry Place and Norwich BID.