Engelbert Humperdinck cancels Norwich show due to illness
- Credit: PA
Engelbert Humperdinck has cancelled his show at Norwich Theatre Royal this weekend due to illness.
The singer was set to perform at the venue on Saturday, November 13, but he has now halted his tour after contracting a viral bronchial infection.
His statement to fans said: "I am so upset in having to relate to you that we have to cancel our UK tour.
"I have come down with a viral bronchial infection and am being treated for it now.
"This has never happened before and I so much wanted to see all of you in the 14 cities.
"We are going to reschedule the shows for early next year. Stay well and remember I love you."
Mr Humperdinck's career spans more than 50 years and he has had eight top 10 singles, including number one hits Release Me and The Last Waltz.
- 1 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 2 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 9 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 10 Bread Source confirms location of new store
He was also the UK's entry for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2012.