Animatronic dinosaurs and themed trail planned for Norwich shopping centre
- Credit: Dino Hire, dinosaurhireuk.com
Dinosaur fever is spreading across the city ahead of Dippy's visit to Norwich Cathedral, with the Castle Quarter planning a whole host of themed activities.
Five dinosaur sculptures will be stomping into the shopping centre from Thursday, July 22 until Thursday August 5.
The Jurassic visitors will be hiding across the four floors, waiting for explorers of all ages to discover them.
There will be sculptures of a Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor, Allosaurus and Parasaurolophus.
Families can fill in a trail sheet and be entered into a prize draw to win a £50 voucher to spend in their favourite Castle Quarter shop.
There will also be some animatronic dinosaurs at the centre for meet-and-greet sessions every Tuesday from August 10 to 31, from 11am to 3pm, with no booking required.
This will include a T-rex, Raptor, Spinosaurus and even some newly-hatched baby dinosaurs, with fun fossil discovery sessions also taking place.
- 1 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 2 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 3 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 4 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 5 Two men charged in connection with Class A drug dealing in Norwich
- 6 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 7 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 9 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 10 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
Robert Bradley, centre manager at Castle Quarter said: “It’s terrific to have our family events back on at Castle Quarter and to give everyone the chance to have a Jurassic encounter this summer.
"Dinosaur fever is rising in Norwich with Dippy at the Cathedral arriving mid-July and the fantastic Break Wild in Art GoGoDiscover T.rex trail coming to the city too.
"We can’t wait to see families stomping along to all these Dino-inspired activities and enjoying time together.”
The Natural History Museum's iconic Diplodocus cast will be in Norwich Cathedral's Nave from July 13 until October 30 and the GoGoDiscover T.rex Trail runs from July 12 until September 11, with 20 sculptures across the city.
Both are free to visit and other dinosaur events include Norwich BID's City Food Trail, running from July 12 until August 22, with over 25 restaurants offering Jurassic-themed dishes, and the Brick Dinos LEGO exhibition at The Forum, from July 19 until August 30.
Find out more about the Castle Quarter's dinosaur-themed events and download a trail sheet, available nearer the time, at castlequarternorwich.co.uk/fun or follow the shopping centre on Facebook.
Our Summer in the City campaign encourages people to get out and about in Norwich this summer, and to make the most of its shops, pubs and restaurants and events.
Summer in the City is sponsored by Chantry Place and Norwich Business Improvement District (BID).