7 garden centres to visit in and around Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
With temperatures finally rising and barbecue season almost here, head to one of these garden centres in and around Norwich to spruce up your green spaces.
1. Notcutts Norwich
Where: Daniels Road, Norwich, NR4 6QP
This is a one-stop shop for all of your gardening needs and underwent a multi-million pound refurb a few years ago, which included a newly-revamped restaurant.
There are also a number of concessions there, including Maidenhead Aquatics and HotSpring World with hot tubs.
2. Thorpe Plant Centre
Where: 191A Plumstead Road East, Thorpe St Andrew, NR7 9LW
This family-run garden centre offers a large range of hardy garden plants, bedding and basket plants, garden accessories and decorations, house plants and pots.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 6 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 7 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 8 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
- 9 Man left with injuries after assault at city bowling alley
- 10 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
3. Taverham Nursery Centre
Where: Fir Covert Road, Taverham, NR8 6HT
Just a short drive out of the city, Taverham Nursery Centre stocks indoor and outdoor plants and furniture alongside deli items.
There are also 19 other shops on site, ranging from craft supplies to chocolate, and Magnolia's Restaurant serves a range of treats.
4. Hellesdon Barns Garden Centre
Where: Hellesdon Hall Road, Hellesdon, NR6 5BB
From a vintage furniture shop to a plant centre, there is something for everyone at this complex of small businesses.
There is plenty of parking and you can stop for a tasty breakfast, light lunch or afternoon tea at Bramleys Café and Cakery.
5. Sprowston Garden Centre
Where: Blue Boar Lane, Sprowston, NR7 8RJ
This long-running garden centre first opened in 1975 and has plenty of plants to buy alongside gardening care products.
There are experts on hand for any advice you need and the afternoon tea available in café the Coffee Haven is popular with locals.
6. Mousehold Garden Centre
Where: 63 Mousehold Lane, Norwich, NR7 8HP
This small but perfectly formed garden centre is very pleasant to walk around, with the sales area in the form of a natural garden.
Many of the plants available are locally sourced and you can also buy house plants and seeds. It also caters for all your hydroponics and indoor growing needs.
7. Urban Jungle Norfolk
Where: Ringland Lane, Old Costessey, NR8 5BG
Urban Jungle sells a range of indoor and outdoor plants, with many unusual varieties, and it also boasts a cacti greenhouse.
The café and shop is set around a pond with Koi and Sturgeon fish swimming in it and you can sit amongst the plants to enjoy tasty food and drink.